Monday, January 14, 2008

Will he? Wont he? Ratify the new constitution.


Will he? Wont he? Ratify the new constitution.

Me thinks not. My brother is convinced that this is the end of His Mightiness Golhabo Gayoom the one and only. He is kicked to bits and between you and I, it is as if he will be the next occupant of Theemuge.

But getting back to the topic, I think we are being naive here to think that someone who has clung on to this power as if it is his birthright for 30 odd years is going to just coolly pick his gold embossed Mont Blanc pen and sign on the dotted line, signing away his chance of another 5 if possible 10 years in office? Nah! I think it is pretty naive to think that he will. He will fight tooth and nail to cling on to his power. He will throw all of us in Dhoonidhoo if he has to. He will stay in his Presidential Palace even if the whole world is against him.

But still the amendment to the constitution limiting the terms that anyone can be President to just two is indeed good news for all of us. But to think that, that could still lead our beloved Golhabo to stay in office for another 10 years is just plain scary. If he gets his way (and mind you, he would try his level best) then we are talking of having golhabo until 2018! Bloody hell! I would probably be married with two point four children and possibly going bald by then.

No way! We need to find a way to get rid of him. No, I dont mean to try and stab him. I certainly dont want to make a matyr out of him and make a ziyaaraiy. I mean we need to ensure that this bastard is not allowed to run for office ever again. Hmm, I need to put on my thinking cap for this. Any tips anyone?

But for now, I am celebrating that at least in 2018 it maybe me running for the post. Now THAT is a nice thought.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is pretty safe to say whether he signs it or not, he will still contest the elections.

The fun is in the interpretation of the clause! It will always work in his favor. If the majlis was to interpret it; he has a majority there. If is will be a supreme court; he gets to appoint who will preside over the case.

He doesn't lose anyway anyway.

Athena said...

I am more interested in why you would ever want to run for the post yourself! you must be more crazy than I thought.

He is always in a win win situation. I would find it hard to believe that it would get ratified that way things are going. Nasheed reflects his thinking, hvae you read it? its crazy. But then again what else would you expect!

Maldivian Devil said...

mmw - true, this is just wishful thinking. Whether we want or not, he will still run,

Athena, why? Because I want to bring the creep to justice hehe

Seriously, I think he would even send in his troops if he had to, to ensure he remains in power.

Scary aye?

yanmaneee said...

jordan shoes
yeezy boost 350
moncler jackets
bape hoodie
off white
jordan shoes
yeezy boost
supreme hoodie
supreme clothing
coach outlet

Anonymous said...

bape
goyard handbag
jordan shoes
golden goose outlet
giannis shoes
goyard store
curry shoes
off white clothing
golden goose sneakers
bape clothing outlet